We’re seeking a Maintenance Volunteer to support the ongoing running and ad-hoc maintenance of our Scout Hall to ensure we provide a safe and suitable venue for our meetings. You will support with scheduled tasks and resolve issues when raised by our hall users/volunteers, with reporting to our Trustee Board every other month with progress made, outstanding issues and budgetary requests.
We will provide access to core training such as Scouts Introduction, Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR as well as training on our policies, procedures and systems.
Key duties for the role include:
- Complete recurring, scheduled tasks such as fire alarm tests, emergency lighting checks, utility meter readings, etc.
- Engage with contractors for other tasks such as boiler servicing, electrical works, PAT testing, etc.
- Co-ordinate the resolution of ad-hoc issues raised and the implementation of approved improvement requests
- Deliver the above within a well-managed budget
- Report to the Trustee Board and/or Hall Management Committee with progress, issues and financial updates
- You have experience or an interest in maintenance/DIY
- You don’t need any experience of Scouting but should be aligned to our values
- You have good IT skills including Microsoft 365
- You have good organisational and communication skills
To discuss this role more or to apply, complete the form below.