Are you well organised and interested in the smooth running of our Scout Group?
Each Group has an Executive Committee and the committee needs a Secretary to prepare for meetings and to help with running the Group.
The role involves:
- Preparing meeting agendas in consultation with the Chair and circulating them.
- Arranging meetings: booking rooms, equipment, facilities, etc.
- Working with the Chair to plan meetings, prepare agendas, collect and collate committee reports and circulate them prior to each meeting.
- Taking minutes at meetings before circulating to committee members.
- Keeping an up to date record of committee membership and making changes on the Membership and Charity Commission databases.
- Managing the annual census process and submitting returns to The Scout Association.
Useful skills and knowledge:
- Good organisational skills and an eye for detail.
- An understanding of committee procedures and minutes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Access to the internet and a computer/tablet.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365.
All our committee members are also Charity Trustees and do need to pass a check by the Disclosure and Barring Service. You will have access to a mandatory training package relevant to their role, mostly self-led so don’t worry if you think you don’t have the skills, knowledge or experience. All we ask is that you’re a team player with a can-do attitude and passionate about developing a great environment for Young People and the community to flourish.
Express Interest in Volunteering
We're sorry, but we're no longer accepting new volunteers for this opportunity.