1st St Neots is one of 12 Scout Groups and 4 Explorer Scout Units in the Hinchingbrooke District of Cambridgeshire Scouts. We are one of the oldest Scout groups in existence, having been founded in 1910; just three years after the founding of scouting in 1907.
The Group is led by the Lead Volunteer (LV) with the help of the Group Trustee Board, which is elected by the parents at the Annual General Meeting, and our Section Leaders who deliver our programme to our Squirrels, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts.
We are part of The Scouts, the largest Scouting and mixed youth organisation in the UK. Scouting is fully inclusive (for young people and adults) and is open to all genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, religions, and races.
1st St Neots currently has seven sections:
- Squirrels (4-6 years old) meet on Thursday evenings 5.15-6.15pm
- Nichols Beavers (6-8 years old) meet on Monday evenings 6.00-7.00pm
- Cator Beavers (6-8 years old) meet on Tuesday evenings 5.45-6.45pm
- Thornhill Cubs (8-10.5 years old meet on Wednesday evenings 6.30-8.00pm
- Harvey Cubs (8-10.5 years old) meet on Thursday evenings 7.00-8.30pm
- Hodgson Scouts (10.5-14 years old) meet on Monday evenings 7.15-9.00pm
- Rowley Scouts (10.5-14 years old) meet on Tuesday evenings 7.00-9.00pm
Fun fact – each of our sections are named after benefactors of the Group when we first started in 1910!